for an engagement ring? Mine went away for a while to be resized and it came home looking like its old self. All clean and sparkly (Bentley & Skinner polished and cleaned it on top of the resizing) and most importantly, it came back the (almost) right size (now happily sitting on my fourth finger on my left hand, where it truly belongs) and it came back the right stone!
How do we know? Because we checked out its "fingerprint" under the microscope ie its inclusions; no two diamonds have the same inclusions.
Unfortunately, I'm starting to think that maybe my ring is still too loose! I can remove the ring easily (not TOO easily) especially when my fingers are cold. Argh! My Fiancé looked like he was going to kill me when I said that!
Hey Jess, I would advice you to wait till after summer before you decide to resize them again.
ReplyDeleteI had the same problem when I first came to UK. We thought maybe the hot weather may change the size. Unfortunately it didnt. So after one year, during our first trip back to KL, we resized our rings for the second time!
Thanks Steph for the advice! So did you get your rings a size bigger then just to be on the safe side? Cos I'm getting my wedding ring and it is currently the right size (half size smaller than my engagement ring!).
ReplyDelete