Tuesday, 1 March 2011

One of the things...

...I forgot to blog about, was the attire we had on for our registration. So this is going to be a short entry!

I was looking high and low for a short white dress I could wear for the registration (despite the fact that it was winter!) that wouldn't cost me too much. Every single shop I entered, I would make a beeline for dresses that were white, cream or ivory. I actually ended up getting my dress online on ASOS. ASOS = As Seen on Someone is a website that sells men's and women's clothing and accessories. It houses not only its own brand but many other high street brands as well.

The dress I finally settled on was a knee length one-shoulder, Grecian-inspired, cream chiffon dress from Forever Unique. I spent an additional £15 on alterations, at a dry cleaners in Holborn as the dress came in size 8 which was too big for me, especially around the waist. I did pay a visit to the London Fashion Workrooms in Holborn, as they are reputed to be great dressmakers. However, they quoted me almost £50 for the alterations, which I thought was unreasonable.

For the Groom, we found a slim-cut, 50% wool, dark grey day suit that was super affordable on the high street. No alterations were required! He got Hush Puppies leather shoes and a off-white tie and shirt from Hawes and Curtis.


That's Him looking all dapper in his suit. Ooh, and I wore my old 2.5 inches gold strappy Aldo sandals (despite the snowy weather) to complete the look!

No comments:

Post a Comment