Friday, 25 March 2011

It was accessories galore...

...on the internet. I was hunting down a wedding sash that would be sufficiently bling to wear with the One for the dinner part of my wedding. I figured I could make the most of my dress by changing its accessories!

Anyway, I found out quickly that:

  • Most sashes come with a dress. 
  • There weren't that many stores specialising in wedding sashes.
  • Wedding sashes in bridal stores, Caroline Castigliano included, are extremely inflated in price!
I had my fair share of doing time searching Amazon as well as eBay but I couldn't find anything nice. The closest I got to was this online store called Euphoria, which had a decent selection of wedding sashes. I found one that I thought was quite simple and classic.
Euphoria - Vintage Twist Crystal Wedding Sash, RRP £55. Very pretty but perhaps in need of something a bit different?  
There is another website I found (based in the UK) that sells wedding sashes. Check out Beady Eyes Design if you're interested. Still, pretty limited selection. And while I was surfing the internet intently for wedding sashes, I got sidetracked by gloves! I know I know, some may say gloves are quite old-fashioned but I think they are quite sexy. I found this fingerless number that I absolutely love!!! I found them on Crystal Bridal Accessories
Swarovski Bead Wedding Gloves, RRP £24.99. I talked myself out of these gloves. I mean really, would I ever wear them again? Probably not!
Back to the topic at hand, wedding sashes...being at my wits end and not wanting to go trudging around London (I have done so in the past) looking for wedding sashes, I decided to check out bridal forums instead.  There are so many on the internet! And these forums are a treasure hold of information for brides. Why? Because women generally want to share information, give them something they are excited about and they won't shut up for days! This is when I found Etsy, a small business community, and there are loads of accessories for sale (mostly handmade) from business based all over the world. I almost bought this next sash as I thought it was really bling! 

Look for IngenueB in Etsy. This one was selling for approximately £57.
However, another sash caught my eye and I have since purchased it. It'll arrive in 6 - 10 working days. I'm counting down the days. A little apprehensive as I've not seen it in flesh but hopefully it's as pretty as I think it will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment