Wednesday, 30 March 2011

It's surprising how quickly...

...my (handmade!) crystal wedding sash and its matching crystal bracelet arrived from the United Stated of America. I picked up the packages today from the office and lo behold, my wedding sash and the matching bracelet!!! I was really afraid to open the package...I mean what if it looked NOTHING like the photo on the website? What if I hated it? What if it arrived damaged?
The sash I finally settled on. I absolutely love it!
Let's hope it'll look fabulous on my wedding dress.
Guess which one's my matching bracelet?
Luckily for me, I'm overly paranoid and none of the above happened. My trepidation was all for naught for I absolutely love my wedding sash and the matching bracelet. In fact, here are some photos of the sash and bracelet! 

Truth be told, the pictures don't do the accessories justice. I personally think they look better in flesh (but of course I'm biased!). I got a discount on the bracelet (ok I wasn't planning on purchasing it but it looked really pretty online and I got hooked) plus the lady who made the bracelet made everything to my specifications - I asked for an extra long sash (just in case I wanted to wear it long) and of course, a sash in pale ivory instead of white. I can't wait for my first dress fitting to try these on!

I also got some really affordable hair flowers online for about £8. I've been searching quite a bit for something cheap and nice (most hair flowers cost beyond £30, which is a crazy price to pay for a fake flower in my opinion). Here's what I bought from eBay, which I highly recommend as a place for accessories shopping, if you've got the time and patience to browse through gazillion of stuff (I'm kidding, you can always use filters!).
White flower - didn't really like this one as much as the red one.
Oh well, will try it on for my photo shoot and see how it looks!
Red flower - definitely a winner!
Somehow looks really pretty and some of the petals were deep red which was nice.
I can't wait for my dress fitting! Fingers crossed.

Wedding Day Update!!!
Here I am rocking my sash and hair accessory during the Black Tie Dinner.
Making our entrance.
Looking a little emotional...!
My hair accessory was a good complement to my dangly ear-rings, a wedding present my favourite cousin gave to me.
Thanking guests! I really like my little belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment