...have been a mad flurry of activity. After my sister and my mum left, Mun Keat arrived last week and has been amazing in getting us prepped for the photo shoot! Not only did he take us shopping for the correct attire (my Fiance enjoyed getting new Converse sneakers, a sports shirt and a casual blazer after complaining that he hasn't had new clothes in ages), he also brainstormed ideas with my Fiance on locations and themes...whilst I was stuck in Prague for work.
[Latest Update on 18/01/2012! A short video put together by Mun Keat on our pre-wedding pictures. Click here.]
I'm especially glad he arrived a few days earlier. Truth be told, he's been travelling quite a bit and it's nice to have leeway to get over the jet lag. This also gave him some time to get to know my Fiance better! I came back home to London only a day before the shoot and gosh, I had very little sleep, was stressed out and had not been eating healthily. This obviously showed in my complexion (spots! dark undereye circles!) but thankfully, I did not decide to do my own make up.
Day 1
On the morning of the London shoot, Sam Sham showed up an hour late! Despite the fact that she's been to my place before for a trial. Luckily, Mun Keat planned for a very flexible and easy-going day. After almost two hours of being primped, we finally made our way into Central London. It was rather refreshing going for a photo shoot in jeans and a t-shirt, not only was it extremely comfortable but it felt fun! I had my hair down in waves and my make up a bit smokey-brown for the day.
Our attire was pretty simple, we had two wardrobes for the day: 1 where we were both in blue jeans and a t-shirt; I was wearing a David & Goliath shirt that said "I <3 Nerds" with a pair of Levi's Demi Curve straight-cut jeans whilst He had his favourite bright orange Superdry T-shirt (the one with a few holes and a straggly collar) and his G-Star Raw funky jeans.
We managed to shoot till quite late, thanks to the longer spring/summer days. I'm not sure that's necessarily all good as three of us were exhausted by the time we got home.
Day 2
I woke up early next morning and waited for Sam Sham's arrival. Guess what, she was late again! Almost an hour and a half this time! Gosh. It was rather unprofessional of her to be late two days in a row. Sigh. Anyway, it being a Sunday, the trains were not going directly to Cambridge but were stopping in Royston. We then had to take the coach to Cambridge from Royston. With Sam being late and the indirect route, we only go to Cambridge about 3pm.
Also, we had to handle the carrying of my wedding dress, His tuxedo and day suit, a luggage bag and of course Mun Keat had his 10kg Crumpler bag with his camera and lenses to lug around. Not the easiest task! Plus, I couldn't sleep on the train as I had my hair up and in pins!!! I quite liked my make up for Day 2 - it was a more "eyeliner" look. However my hair had trouble staying up throughout the day as the wind was extremely strong!
After checking in to Crowne Plaza in central Cambridge, we unpacked and rested for a bit before heading out for punting at 5pm. The attire for the day was exactly what we wore to our Marriage Registration. It was tremendous fun being punted around the canals. After punting, we wandered around Cambridge town, walking on cobblestones and enjoying the sun. Had an amazing Thai duck curry with lychee for dinner amongst other Thai food. Yummm!
Day 3
Both Heike Martin and Samantha (another Sam!) were on time to do my hair and make up! Heike did my hair half up, half down but I wish that I had the same person to do both my make up and hair. Why? Well I wanted to have a bird cage veil attached to my hair but Heike had already left and once Samantha put my make up on, she had absolutely no clue how to help me pin the bird cage on. I had to this on my own!
One major gripe I have about the make up was that it made me look extremely sleepy. My advice to brides out there is to definitely stick to an Oriental make up artist if you're Oriental. The hair style stayed throughout the day although I felt the curls were a little bit old-fashioned. I guess in this instance I couldn't have a trial with Heike and Samantha as I was not based in Cambridge. Which makes me worry a little as I've not had my make up and hair trial with the make up and hair artist I've hired back home. Hmmm...
For Day 3, my Fiance wore his tuxedo and I wore my wedding dress and wedding shoes. The funniest bit of the day was when my Fiance had to do up my wedding dress laces. The poor man struggled with the sash until we decided it was too much a hassle to wear the double ribbon sash (as the end product was looking rather shoddy due to stress) and settled for my blingy wedding sash. We managed to get into Sidney Sussex and two other colleges in Cambridge for photos, partly because my Fiance is an alumni and also because we showed up in our wedding attire!
We wrapped up the shoot close to 6pm and headed back to Crowne Plaza to change, have an early dinner and head back to London. Unfortunately for us, service at dinner was SO SLOW that it took us a total of 2 hours to order, eat and pay the bill. Gosh. I'll be writing a specific review for the hotel and the hair and make up artists I hired in a bit! Stay tuned.
Overall, the past three days were extremely hectic and exhausting but definitely a lot more fun and engaging than I initially expected! This was mostly thanks to Mun Keat who has not only been professional but also personable and passionate about photography. Also, my Fiance, whom I know for a fact was a walking zombie on the 3rd day, largely thanks to the first 2 tiring days but also partly due to another reason that I will not disclose here...haha, was meticulous in planning our logistics in both London and Cambridge.
Can't wait for the photos!!!
[Latest Update on 18/01/2012! A short video put together by Mun Keat on our pre-wedding pictures. Click here.]
I'm especially glad he arrived a few days earlier. Truth be told, he's been travelling quite a bit and it's nice to have leeway to get over the jet lag. This also gave him some time to get to know my Fiance better! I came back home to London only a day before the shoot and gosh, I had very little sleep, was stressed out and had not been eating healthily. This obviously showed in my complexion (spots! dark undereye circles!) but thankfully, I did not decide to do my own make up.
Day 1
On the morning of the London shoot, Sam Sham showed up an hour late! Despite the fact that she's been to my place before for a trial. Luckily, Mun Keat planned for a very flexible and easy-going day. After almost two hours of being primped, we finally made our way into Central London. It was rather refreshing going for a photo shoot in jeans and a t-shirt, not only was it extremely comfortable but it felt fun! I had my hair down in waves and my make up a bit smokey-brown for the day.
Our attire was pretty simple, we had two wardrobes for the day: 1 where we were both in blue jeans and a t-shirt; I was wearing a David & Goliath shirt that said "I <3 Nerds" with a pair of Levi's Demi Curve straight-cut jeans whilst He had his favourite bright orange Superdry T-shirt (the one with a few holes and a straggly collar) and his G-Star Raw funky jeans.
| Converse sneakers! Surely the most comfortable sneakers in the world? |
![]() |
| My bright pink Jane Norman skater-girl dress. It is defintiely the BRIGHTEST dress I currently own. |
| H&M Blazer. I love grey! |
Day 2
I woke up early next morning and waited for Sam Sham's arrival. Guess what, she was late again! Almost an hour and a half this time! Gosh. It was rather unprofessional of her to be late two days in a row. Sigh. Anyway, it being a Sunday, the trains were not going directly to Cambridge but were stopping in Royston. We then had to take the coach to Cambridge from Royston. With Sam being late and the indirect route, we only go to Cambridge about 3pm.
Also, we had to handle the carrying of my wedding dress, His tuxedo and day suit, a luggage bag and of course Mun Keat had his 10kg Crumpler bag with his camera and lenses to lug around. Not the easiest task! Plus, I couldn't sleep on the train as I had my hair up and in pins!!! I quite liked my make up for Day 2 - it was a more "eyeliner" look. However my hair had trouble staying up throughout the day as the wind was extremely strong!
After checking in to Crowne Plaza in central Cambridge, we unpacked and rested for a bit before heading out for punting at 5pm. The attire for the day was exactly what we wore to our Marriage Registration. It was tremendous fun being punted around the canals. After punting, we wandered around Cambridge town, walking on cobblestones and enjoying the sun. Had an amazing Thai duck curry with lychee for dinner amongst other Thai food. Yummm!
Day 3
Both Heike Martin and Samantha (another Sam!) were on time to do my hair and make up! Heike did my hair half up, half down but I wish that I had the same person to do both my make up and hair. Why? Well I wanted to have a bird cage veil attached to my hair but Heike had already left and once Samantha put my make up on, she had absolutely no clue how to help me pin the bird cage on. I had to this on my own!
One major gripe I have about the make up was that it made me look extremely sleepy. My advice to brides out there is to definitely stick to an Oriental make up artist if you're Oriental. The hair style stayed throughout the day although I felt the curls were a little bit old-fashioned. I guess in this instance I couldn't have a trial with Heike and Samantha as I was not based in Cambridge. Which makes me worry a little as I've not had my make up and hair trial with the make up and hair artist I've hired back home. Hmmm...
For Day 3, my Fiance wore his tuxedo and I wore my wedding dress and wedding shoes. The funniest bit of the day was when my Fiance had to do up my wedding dress laces. The poor man struggled with the sash until we decided it was too much a hassle to wear the double ribbon sash (as the end product was looking rather shoddy due to stress) and settled for my blingy wedding sash. We managed to get into Sidney Sussex and two other colleges in Cambridge for photos, partly because my Fiance is an alumni and also because we showed up in our wedding attire!
We wrapped up the shoot close to 6pm and headed back to Crowne Plaza to change, have an early dinner and head back to London. Unfortunately for us, service at dinner was SO SLOW that it took us a total of 2 hours to order, eat and pay the bill. Gosh. I'll be writing a specific review for the hotel and the hair and make up artists I hired in a bit! Stay tuned.
Overall, the past three days were extremely hectic and exhausting but definitely a lot more fun and engaging than I initially expected! This was mostly thanks to Mun Keat who has not only been professional but also personable and passionate about photography. Also, my Fiance, whom I know for a fact was a walking zombie on the 3rd day, largely thanks to the first 2 tiring days but also partly due to another reason that I will not disclose here...haha, was meticulous in planning our logistics in both London and Cambridge.
Can't wait for the photos!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment