Sunday, 15 May 2011

So the Royal Wedding...

...has come and gone!

Waity Katie is no more (wonder who came up with that name for her?) and Katherine Middleton has just wed her Prince Charming.
Unfortunately, I wasn't around to catch the wedding (was in Rome with my mum and sis) but I saw the pictures of her lovely 'Grace Kelly' inspired dress, Pippa Middleton's (the maid of honour) amazing flowy, bridesmaid dress (which stole the show, surely) and lots of pretty, funky, interesting hats! Yes, I forked over £2 to purchase a Hello magazine that had many photos and my favourite one is of Kate and Will strolling around the morning after their wedding - Kate in this lovely blue Zara dress and Will looking very relaxed and carefree.
Love her dress sense!
Here's wishing them a blessed, happy and life-long marriage!

But back to the wedding. It's hard to not fall absolutely in love with her wedding dress, designed by Sarah Burton, Alexander McQueen's protege. The simplicity and yet luxury of lace does not escape notice. I am deriving inspiration from two main aspects of her wedding attire: her absolutely amazing silk mantilla lace veil AND her drop diamond ear-rings.

Amazing silk veil with lace edging. 
The lovely diamond oak leaf and acorn earrings.
Luckily for me, my cousin gifted me with a pair of drop diamond earrings recently, for the wedding! Yay!!! I'm still searching high and low for an affordable alternative to her veil but I'm still looking...

No comments:

Post a Comment