...purchase I've ever made in my life. My wedding dress.
And am I glad I decided to get home by taxi or what? The visualisation of myself, struggling to keep the dress (in protective plastic of course) above ground, together with my laptop (I did just come from work) and my handbag is not only comical, it breaks me out in cold sweat.
Gabriella was having a laugh at me when I whipped out my notebook and starting writing down all the answers to my questions. "What do I do when I get oil stains on the dress?" "What happens if it rains?" "Should I rub the stain with cold water?" "What kind of soap should I get?" "How do I iron the dress?" I'm thinking she finds me very amusing as during my final fitting, she couldn't stop laughing at me when I told her about how fat I've gotten since my last fitting. And also during the first fitting, she had a laughing fit when I told her that Spanx was the way to go. She's Hungarian and maybe her sense of humour is a little different? I checked the dress (the seams, the buttons) as meticulously as I could without touching it and signed the "release form".
The dress is hanging on one of the lamps in my living room right now. Looking absolutely beautiful, and a bit creased. Hmm...I couldn't find anywhere else to properly hang it. It's going to be a nightmare transporting it back to Malaysia that's for sure.
Anyway, here's hoping I stay the same size as the dress from my photo shoot till my wedding day. It's going to be a precarious balancing act, especially when wedding planning stress kicks in.
No comments:
Post a Comment