Saturday, 7 May 2011

I sometimes catch myself...

...judging a man by his shoes. It is extremely hard not to. Especially since when I look down, the sight of his shoes (either good or bad) is all I see. Having said that, I cannot tell the difference amongst pairs of men's shoes unless the colour is different. And perhaps if there is something strange about his shoes, for e.g. ruffles!
Aldo YearEgo side profile
My FiancĂ© set out to look for a pair of shoes that would do his Hugo Boss suit justice (it is a really nice tux!) today. Surprisingly, we found a pair almost immediately at Aldo. The only other shop we walked into with the intention of buying a pair of shoes (we did walk into some others that had shoes priced above £200) was Clarks. I guess if you're buying a pair of black leather shoes with laces, it's quite difficult to tell the difference between a £500 and a £100, although I'm sure upon closer inspection, these differences would be more discernible.

I quite like that the shoes are shiny and slightly narrow (this shape isn't as comfortable as the traditional rounded toe but He's willing to suffer a little for fashion, apparently).
Aldo YearEgo front profile
Ooh, also, He bought a pair of formal slip-ons from Barratts to go with his FCUK day suit They really look good and the criss-cross design gives the shoes a bit of a funky edge. He wore them once for our marriage registration, see if you can spot them!
Hush Puppies slip-on formal shoes side profile
Hush Puppies slip-on formal shoes front profile
If only women's shoes were that practical, easy-to-find and reusable for other occasions!!!

Wedding Day Update!!!
Some really nice photos of my husband's shoes on our wedding day:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment