Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Underneath a beautiful dress...

...you should find beautiful matching undergarments. Especially since it's a special occasion (or THE special occasion), you wouldn't want unsightly bumps or lines showing up in photographs. Plus, the bride hoisting or fidgeting in her dress is never a good look.

With that in mind, I started my search for a good push-up (sadly, I do desperately need that) bra and some seamless underpants. I found a pair of nude boyshort underpants I never knew I had which I thought would do the job well. I suppose some people prefer G-strings or thongs but I'm not a big fan of flossing (haha, pun intended!). In case guys are going "what are boyshorts?", here's a guide to the different cuts of female undergarments.

During my search for a good push-up bra, I found this really cool website, http://www.maxcleavage.com/. The website is really good for women with smaller chest sizes. I ended up trying two bras, both which I highly recommend:

After Eden Double Gel Strapless Bra, £24
Very comfy and secure, with push-up padding.

Ultimo Strapless Mega Boost Day-Night Bra, £24
Secure, has a sexier shape than the After Eden bra but not as comfortable.

Both bras were comfortable and secure throughout the day and there were no weird gaps or lines visible underneath a fitted shirt. Plus the website does a high quality line of "breast enhancers"...also more familiarly known as "chicken fillets". These enhancers are usually inserted into your bra (either you current size or a size up, depending on how much you want to lie about your cup size!) and voila! Instant cleavage. I'm a little wary of these though for two main reasons:

1. You don't want to be walking down the aisle/around and suddenly, someone taps you on the shoulder and go, "uhh...I think you dropped something..."! Lifetime embarrassment.

2. You don't want people to think your idea of "wedding fund" includes a contribution to a boob job.

So, make sure your breast enhancers stay put and aren't too Pamela Anderson-ish!

For those of you who know me, you'll know that my favourite undergarment website of all time is Victoria's Secret, unfortunately, it is quite difficult to source for VS outside of the US. I do admit, part of the allure of VS are the incredible looking supermodels (and possibly good photography, angles and lighting)! Anyway, I don't think there's a point spending too much on your undergarments - as long as they are comfortable, nude and secure. Other brands I have tried:
Wonderbra Nude Ultimate Strapless, £33
A lot of people have been raving about this but it didn't really do the job for me but I read somewhere that maybe going a band size smaller might help. It looks pretty though!

Calvin Klein Perfectly Fit Strapless, £32
Hmm...can't remember but this was quite a nice bra.
Didn't really stand out in my memory though!

La Senza Gel Strapless, £20
Decently priced! Not sure about how secure it is though.

So no hard and fast rules here, try bras till you find one that's comfortable. I made sure I didn't forget to do the jump, stretch and reach test to make sure the bra stays in place. Once you find the right bra, you might want to purchase it online if you find some good discounts!

No comments:

Post a Comment