...for my marriage registration has ballooned from 'I'll just make sure I wash my hair' to 'I want to look like Jessica Alba when she got hitched'. So my initial plan was no-fuss, save a bit of money, slap on some make up to look presentable, comb my hair (yes something I actually forget to do on a daily basis) and brush my teeth (yes I do this every day).
What do you think, dear Reader? Is it passable for my marriage registration? I still need practice! Especially in curling my own hair. Right now, I find it difficult to ensure both left and right sides are even! Faye was extremely helpful, friendly and easy-going. I definitely felt a bit more reassured after attending her class.
Now, I've invested in a bridal make-up lesson, I've bought numerous 'bridal-must-have' make up and hair products, I actually tried making my own bridal bouquet and I'm close to tears in fear that I will look like something Loch Ness had for breakfast on my marriage registration day. How did this happen???
Never mind how it happened. Let's see if I can salvage the situation. I could very well practise and make sure I'm good enough to do my own make up for the registration, the pre-wedding photo shoot and the drinks reception. If it all gets too hot to handle (when it comes to my curling tongs, LITERALLY), I'll hire someone to do it. My fiancé was very kind and understanding though - instead of saying what a waste of time and money this was, he said at least I was learning something and I am kind of enjoying it!
Anyway, I went for my bridal make-up lesson last Sunday and under the watchful eye of Faye Lara who is a professional make-up artist and is experienced in bridal make-up, I picked up a few additional make-up tips and created this look (I wiped off the eyebrow colour though as I thought it was too harsh).
I did drop by C's place on the way back and asked her what she thought of my look. C felt the eye colour might have been too dark for daytime so I'll look to tone that down on my next try. Another tip I got from this make-up artist who works at the Lancome counter in John Lewis was to really define the corner of my eye by 'pushing' the liner into my lash line. It's all a little confusing for me but I'll try my best!
My first foray into make-up products. No wonder it's a thriving industry.
i thought the colour of the eye is fine (from the picture). good job on the curls! next time you gotta give me some tips on makeup ;)
ReplyDeleteWoman...You look gorgeous..in fact.. no need for make-up also cun man.. ;)
ReplyDeleteThanksssss....teh tarik on me, Yewin!
ReplyDelete