Wednesday, 16 May 2012

When I went hunting for...

a venue for the Garden Wedding, I was sure I wanted somewhere within the vicinity of our area and there only 2 or 3 options to be fair. There were loads of other options in Kuala Lumpur, but of course we did not want our guests to be traipising there and back. After viewing a couple of disappointing options, we visited the Saujana Gold and Country Club, and the poolside area was an immediate winner. We opted against having the wedding in the garden area because if it rained, as it often does in Malaysia, the ground would be soggy and you'll have women in high heels sinking into the ground.

There was a large tree that shadowed the registration table, our Photo Booth and pre-wedding photos section. We decided against the Candy Corner after my Wedding Planner and I chanced upon a zillion black ants around and about the tree! She also put her amazing creative touches - the handmade windmills, the red and white photo frames, the letterbox and postcards, and the clear glass jars with red and white decorations hanging from the tree. She definitely captured the cute and fun vibe that I was aiming for. Don't forget to view the Vintage Bicycle!
Our pre-wedding photos and postcards, right under a huge tree.
A tiny red carnation, normal brown string, clear glass jar, glue  and red and white paper!

Instead of a flower arch, we had two flower pedestals, which I thought were quite pretty and gave our Garden Wedding a natural feel. I really liked the rose petals as well and there was just enough foliage. The floral decorations were provided by Saujana Golf and Country Club.
The flower pedestals marked the beginning of the red carpet
A closer look at the pedestals.
A red carpet littered with red and white rose petals.
We opted to get the canopies from an outside canopy provider. To be honest, I thought they did quite a shoddy job on the canopies! Please see my supplier review. If you don't look too close, the overall effect is actually quite pleasing to the eye.
It did not rain that day!
It was an unforgettable day for me, the weather we perfect, the decorations were simple, and it was made even more special that I actually had an outdoor-sy wedding! Not precisely a beach wedding, but close enough for me.
I'm glad we opted for this instead of a normal arch.

No comments:

Post a Comment