...that would be the word I would use to describe my search for a good make up artist! After not-so-great experiences here in London, I found my luck did not improve in Malaysia. For starters, the first trial I went to was a complete failure. I looked strange and one of the fake eyelashes applied fell out after just 2 hours. Mun Keat had suggested
Remy Ngan, but when I was back home and arranged a trial, she was unwell on the day and had to cancel. I couldn't find a single other make up artist, whose portfolio I've seen, who I even wanted to try out!
I ended up taking a leap of faith and booking Remy, without a trial. Boy, am I glad I did. I went for the trial just days before my wedding (my sis accompanied me) and it was a breeze. She was professional, reassuring and just fantastic at bringing the best out of me. We chose some photos of celebs for a day and a night hairstyle together, which was great as I didn't really like putting my hair up but Remy found some compromises.
On the morning of my wedding, Remy arrived on time, together with her assistant, who did my sister's and mum's make up and hair. She not only helped me into my dress, she tied my sashes flawlessly - this was a huge weight off my chest as I've been fretting about who would be able to tie a decent bow! Her assistant did a brilliant job as well - both my mum and sis looked radiant for all the events.
Here are some of my "getting ready" photos with Remy. Remy is not just brilliant at her job, she has this bubbly, happy personality that you can't help but love. That somehow made the start of my wedding day so much more calmer...knowing that I was in good hands. And she truly made me feel beautiful - and I still looked like me!
Inspiration for my (Chip San Leung & Garden Wedding) day look. Jessica Alba is so pretty!
 |
| Without a doubt, she's got the prettiest girl-next-door look covered. |
 |
| Looking happy! |
Remy working her magic! It was at least 2 hours long...and I'm quite fidgety. Good thing I had my sis and girlfriends nearby. The make up was very natural; the hairstyle felt formal enough for a wedding but relaxed enough for me. I really liked the result!
 |
| The hairstyle really stayed up the whole morning and afternoon, although it was not pulled severely off my face. |
 |
| Some finishing touches. |
My look for the Black Tie Dinner was quite dramatic. Dark eyes, pale lips, sophisticated glamour! I wanted my hair down but Remy cautioned me as it could get messy! So we settled on a half up and half down look. Click
here for the photos.
Finally, for the Chinese Banquet, I had the opportunity to change my hairstyle according to what I wore. First up was before the banquet, I wore my wedding dress with a red sash and my red shoes. Here are some "getting ready" photos. I had a really good time with Remy; I think by now we could chat comfortably with each other and I was probably buzzed about the celebrations.
 |
| The make up was definitely a lot redder! Lots of blusher but gently applied. Definitely suited the theme and the venue. |
 |
Remy ended up pinning back some of my hair as she didn't want me to look messy! Not sure why I was laughing..
|
Next, my makeup and hair when I entered the hall. I wore my wedding dress with the peplum, a bird-cage veil and my wedding shoes. Click
here for more photos!
 |
| My hair in a simple bun. Felt so vintage when I was wearing the bird cage veil. |
Finally, I got to wear my red cheongsam and red shoes. Here's the inspiration for my hairstyle..
 |
| Taylor Swift's signature red carpet look. Wavy hair held up in a relaxed bun. |
 |
| Thanks Taylor Swift for giving us the idea! |
 |
| An updo that wasn't too formal. Remy did a really good job! |
 |
| And the hairstyle stayed up the whole night. Here's the backview of my hair saying goodnight to my friend, A. |
If you're interested to find out more about my red cheongsam and red shoes, please click
here.
Thank you so much Remy for making me beautiful on my wedding day. It's been a pleasure being your client, I couldn't have asked for more...you kept me calm and cheerful during my preparation and you helped me with everything I worried about. THANK YOU!
 |
| If you're looking for someone to pretty you up, look no further! Remy's your woman! |
No comments:
Post a Comment