Wednesday, 9 May 2012

It's been awhile....



...did you miss me at all??

I'm back again, after a hiatus. This time around I'm nursing my right shoulder back to health (therefore doing everything with my left hand!) after a shoulder anthroscopy. Since I got my wedding photos back from my brilliant photographer, Mun Keat, thought I'd share them.

First up, my veil!  [Click here for my previous posts on my veil.]


I was a little miffed that my veil did not fall as prettily as I expected whilst I was walking down the aisle or sat down ... but we can't have it all can we? I think it was more due to the fact that my wedding day hairstyle sat quite low (which was what I requested as I did not like severe hair-up styles). Anyway, here are some of the nicer shots of my veil by my brilliant photographer before I got to the garden wedding.
Demure? Shy? Neither, just following the photographer's instructions!
Happy! No prizes for guessing why! My Mr Darcy is on his way!
Laughing...
Yay!
My husband had to unveil me twice in that day. Once after the "chip san leung" (translates to collecting or fetching the bride from her house to the groom's) and the other after our Pastor pronounced us man and wife. The only really annoying thing about wearing a veil was the fact that it was touching my eyelashes constantly and it was hard to look up. Then I realised quickly that that is why brides look so demure. It's not that they are shy, it's because they COULD NOT look up. The veil was preventing that! It's an instrument of torture! Ok I'm kidding, honestly, it was quite nice to wear a veil, it felt really traditional and somewhat poignant...not sure why, can't explain it.
I look like I'm harbouring a secret. The "I ate two bowls of curry laksa yesterday" secret. No I'm kidding, I didn't. Really.
Never before seen, bride laughing really hard at something the Pastor said. Pastor was hilarious though...I wonder if we have video footage of that.
Looking at my husband.
Finally, the extra good news is that I managed to wear my bird-cage veil during the wedding dinner. I was really nervous about wearing both the bird-cage veil and the peplum.
My husband and I walking into the wedding dinner.
With my mum.
And this was the look I was trying to copy...ok try not to remember that this model has an hourglass figure and is freakishly tall. Can't believe my make up artist convinced me to wear the peplum and the bird cage veil. More on her later...she's really brilliant!
My dress! Complete with the peplum.

No comments:

Post a Comment