...that make your wedding come alive. When one of my bridesmaids offered to make a ring pillow for me, I jumped at a chance. It was heart-warming to know that she would take the time to sew (it is a big deal!) something for me. It is even lovelier that when I look at the ring pillow, years to come, I will remember the day with great fondness.
We finally got around to looking for the appropriate cloth for the ring pillow. Saw a few cute ones, including a red background with white hearts. Initially we were looking for something in plain burgundy or maroon but we couldn't find a colour that matched the swatch of fabric from the bridesmaid dresses. (Seriously, when I picked the colour, I didn't recall it being THAT different!) In the end we settled for this:
 |
| Bought this with C at a nearby craft shop. Looks festive and serious enough for a ring pillow! |
Looks cute doesn't it? Reminds me of the teapot I bought from Whittard of Chelsea.
 |
| Love this style of ring pillow, simple and striking. Hope to get a cream/ivory satin ribbon for the polka dot ring pillow. |
We're going to try to get the stuffing for the pillow pretty soon and also the ribbons (they ran out!). Will keep everyone posted.
Wedding Day Update!!!
My ring pillow was small and cute in my ring bearer's hands! Here are some photos of it. Thanks again to my bridesmaid - C for taking the time to sew it from scratch.
 |
| Small enough for the ring bearer's grip. |
 |
| Held out by the best man. |
No comments:
Post a Comment