Sunday, 30 October 2011

I recently attended...

...my good friend's wedding to her Prince Charming. Her love story is a wonderful one! I'm certainly not divulging the details here, but trust me when I say that these two are the most down-to-earth and lovely people you'd ever meet! A lifetime of love and happiness is what they definitely deserve! The Bride and I met awhile ago when I was still working back in Malaysia and it just warms my heart to see her so happy. Congratulations!!

It was a lovely event at the Islington Town Hall on a weekend afternoon. After the said ceremony, we adjourned to the nearby pub where the Bride and Groom hired a private area (and our bar!) upstairs for some nibbles and drinks.It was a lovely venue and there was a lot of photo taking after the ceremony. I especially loved the part where we showered the wedding couple with confetti.
During the proceedings. Isn't that just adorable? Awww...true love....
Wonder who was having more fun? The Bride and Groom looking extremely pleased.
Picture of the happy couple and us! Weather was lovely, one of the plus points of having a wedding in summer!
A refreshing change from the usual Chinese wedding celebrations, the Bride's cousin from Canada organised some games that the Bride and Groom had to participate in (instead of the bride's girlfriends and groom's friends). It was great fun and definitely the highlight of the party! Instead of a traditional cake, the Bride opted to have a tower of cupcakes...mmmm....and I adored the cute cake toppers. She is a collector of Me to You teddy bears and that grey and sky blue theme ran throughout the wedding.
Me to You cake toppers.
The rest of the afternoon was a flurry of catching up with friends, grabbing food off the plates as soon as they arrived...(so typically Malaysian!) and just enjoying the merriment of the party. Unfortunately, the Bride and Groom are not able to make it back for our wedding, as they are currently back in Malaysia, about to have the 2nd instalment of their wedding celebrations!. I'm gutted that I couldn't attend that celebration so I'm anxiously waiting for the photos!
The Bride and I, having a nice chat!
Congratulations dears....here's to a lifetime of love, laughter and happiness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment