Sunday, 16 October 2011

I quite enjoy packing...

...especially for a holiday or for a special occasion. Packing for your own wedding ranks pretty high on my list (in fact, it's #1 right now!). One of the things I enjoyed packing was packing my very own "bridal emergency kit". There are all sorts of lists online, but I decided to list down here in detail what I've packed for my own kit and of course, the corresponding reasons why.
My Bridal Emergency Kit (so far!)
Can you be TOO prepared? I really think you can.
  1. Small scissors - for cutting just about anything.
  2. Toupee or body tape - for those "just-in-case" moments, not just for yourself but for your MOH, bridesmaids or flowergirls.
  3. Hem tape - not sure why I bought this, but it was on a list somewhere, it should come in handy at some point, better safe than sorry!
  4. Clear nail polish - apparently good for stocking runs. 
  5. Chalk - for disguising stains (REALLY? Hope I never have to find out, is all I can say).
  6. Breath mints - because if you do sneak a munch of the lunch buffet, you want to make sure your breath doesn't stink of sausages when someone comes over to say congratulations.
  7. Small toothbrush and toothpaste - see #6.
  8. Mouthwash - see #6 & #7.
  9. Lip balm - when you give your husband a kiss, you don't want him to go "is that sandpaper on your lips, hun?".
  10. Hand lotion - shaking hands with hundreds of people, you want to have baby soft hands, or at least some lubrication.
  11. Cuticle cream - not really necessary, will bring this along just because I have some.
  12. Antacid - when you're regretting eating the sausages from the lunch buffet, or having acid reflux due to stress and nervousness. 
  13. Small mirror - to check that you are still presentable. 
  14. Baby powder - something to do with stains. I hope my bridesmaids know what to do with this.
  15. Antibac - because there's just too many viruses going around these days. You don't want to get sick before your honeymoon.
  16. Blister plaster - the sight of a bride hobbling causes much distress. To herself.
  17. Piriton or anti allergy pills - because hives is not a good look on a bride.
  18. Floss - if you have to have spinach, at least floss afterwards.
  19. Wet wipes - a must have, very good for wiping hands, stains, anything really.
  20. Facial blotter - you're going for a radiant glow not an oil spillage.
  21. Facial tissues - see #19.
  22. Deodorant & travel-size perfume - nothing smells worst than BO. Except maybe a wet dog...no actually, BO is worse.
  23. Pain relief pills - for period pain, for headache, for anything-pain. Large gathering of human beings are a magnet for accidents. For e.g. zombie attacks. Not relevant but you get my point.
  24. Invisible plasters - if you get a cut, slap this on and pretend nothing happened. 
  25. Facial cotton and cotton buds - useful for erasing make up disasters. Or when you forgot waterproof mascara and spent 20 minutes during the ceremony bawling your eyes out. In this case, please use #21 as well.
  26. Tweezers - splinter in your toe? Wish you had tweezers?
  27. Safety pins, dress pins - when clothing disaster strikes.
  28. Emery board - someone broke a nail? Hand this to them.
  29. Eyedrops - heaven for dry eyes.
  30. Spare contact lenses and contact lense solution - these babies can tear easily. 
  31. Small comb (maybe hairspray?) and hair pins - Handy if your hair decides not to behave.
  32. Pantyliners and sanitary napkins or tampons if you prefer - for those feminine (WHY NOW DAMMIT?!!) moments
  33. Your usual skincare routine in mini bottles
  34. Lipstick, powder and nail polish, in your bridal colours, just in case
  35. Double sided tape - suggested by FiancĂ© who think it is God's gift to DIY men.
  36. Sewing kit - fair enough!
  37. Flat shoes or flip flops - if you're wearing 4-inch heels, this would be absolutely necessary at the end of the day.
  38. Extra earring backs - if I lose those diamond earrings my mother gave me, I am in BIG trouble.
  39. Umbrella and sunglasses - for those rainy and sunny days
Some of the stuff I saw on other lists that made me question the sanity of brides everywhere.
  1. Plastic bags or sick bags - just in case you or your husband has a panic attack after the ceremony. The "what have I done?" realisation. I guess these things do happen.
  2. Smelling salts - REALLY?! So very Pride and Prejudice. Honestly if you're prone to fainting spells, we've got bigger problems than the wedding.
  3. Static-cling spray - I'd love some of this. Where do I get this?? But really?
  4. Masking tape and duct tape - I must have missed a memo. I thought this was a wedding, not a kidnapping??
  5. Latex gloves - once again, wrong occasion. 
  6. Stapler, pen, post-in notes - I'm going to write post-its to myself during my wedding? SERIOUSLY?
  7. Insect repellant - mosquitoes in Malaysia, check. Air conditioning indoors, double check. I think I'm good, thanks. 
  8. Super glue - if this burst in my kit and stuck everything else together, I would personally strangle the person who suggested this. 
I'm stuck for anything else to include right now, if you think of anything, please let me know! I have to say these items did not fit into ONE bag. It's currently sitting in three separate cosmetic bags for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment