... never ceases to amaze me. Back in 2007 when I lost my passport en route to the airport (causing me to miss my flight out of the country to Adelaide, where my dear sister was about to graduate), the Malaysian High Commission was a lifesaver. In normal cases, I would only receive my replacement passport in 3 months, however, the Director at that point of time took pity on my situation (I was rather pitiful, with my luggage bags, teary eyes and shaky voice) and granted me an immediate replacement the next day! I flew off in time to see my sister graduate.
Just recently, we applied for our Malaysian marriage certificate after the Registration in December. The process went relatively smoothly until we were told that we couldn't receive our certificate on the same day. Why not? The department had run out of paper! The hilarity of the situation did not escape me. Apparently the certificate paper is specially bought in from Malaysia and there was no guarantee when the next shipment would arrive. We were told to check back in 2 - 3 months time.
We weren't expecting our certificates until April as we applied in mid January. Lo behold, the certificates were delivered sometime late last week! So ladies, gentleman, I am officially legally married in both the United Kingdom and Malaysia. It might be high time now to change the name of this blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment