Monday, 14 February 2011

There are loads...

...of legends surrounding Valentine's Day. And as much as I like the whole idea of flowers, chocolates, gifts and expensive dinners, Valentine's Day is extremely commercialised. I admit my Valentine's Day excitement has been going downhill ever since I was 14. I'm ashamed to say that my Fiancé shows more aplomb for Valentine's Day than I do!

I made Him Curry Laksa (yes from the instant sauce packet...it tastes good!) on Saturday and declared it our Valentine's Day dinner. I know I know, where's the romance in that you say. He had book us in for a dinner for two at 5ifty4our for Monday night. I of course, said we should be saving money...so we ended up spending Valentine's dinner at home and trawling through the internet looking for the perfect honeymoon spot.

So this is the card I got for Valentine's Day this year:

Hmm...wait a minute! The characters on the card looks suspiciously similar to last year's!

Note the heart-shaped chocolate box with the pink ribbon.

And last year, I got a box of lovely chocolates from Charbonnel et Walker in the shape of a red heart.

This year, this is what I got:

The foosball men were happy to pose with the Leonidas heart-shaped chocolate box. Really.

Oh well, why mess with the formula when you've got it spot on? Yes I love chocolates, I love big red hearts with ribbons around them. Damn you, you retail outlets for commercialising Valentine!!! I wonder what I'm getting next year?

1 comment:

  1. your card is soooooooo cute ! ahhaha
    i think it fits you hehe..
    chocolatess =D~

    ReplyDelete