Key highlights of our trip to Madrid? My Primark white sneakers breaking in half (literally) which 'forced' me to buy a pair of brand new Converse sneakers (and I never looked back). Watching Rafael Nadal on TV with my sister and admiring his six-pack whenever he changed his shirt. Followed by eating chock load of tapas like there was no tomorrow AND almost getting robbed (ok, pick pocketed) in bright daylight on our last day, crossing a traffic light whilst pushing my mother in her portable wheelchair. Thank goodness I felt something brushing against my thigh (the lady had her hand in my bag and in one of the compartments where I kept my passport!) and managed to grab her hand in time. The subsequent whacking-action perpetrated by my mother with a tourist map of Madrid in her hand can only be described as hilarious! Of course, what is a Cheng family holiday without a typical me vs. my mother row? Hope as time goes by we can do with less of those!
Our trip to Rome was less eventful but more insightful! It is such a historic city and there is just too many ruins to see. My sis and I took to gelato like duck to water, having at least one to two scoops a day. Manoeuvring the wheelchair across the city reignited my dislike for cobblestones (for the record, before I stepped foot into a European city, I used to think cobblestones were quaint and romantic!).
Our trip to Rome was less eventful but more insightful! It is such a historic city and there is just too many ruins to see. My sis and I took to gelato like duck to water, having at least one to two scoops a day. Manoeuvring the wheelchair across the city reignited my dislike for cobblestones (for the record, before I stepped foot into a European city, I used to think cobblestones were quaint and romantic!).
No comments:
Post a Comment