...if you get blood on your brand new wedding dress?
I went for my dress fitting on Saturday, filled with anticipation. After all, prior to this, all I tried on was at least three sizes too large for me! My bridesmaid, C, couldn't make it to the fitting with me but I brought along my Fiancé for good measure.
Gabriella, the lovely lady who attended to me in the Caroline Castigliano branch in Knightsbridge, was of course a little surprised that it was okay for my Fiancé to see the dress. I guess in English tradition, it's bad luck! She offered us champagne (as usual) but we turned it down (as usual). When I got into the fitting room downstairs, my dress was already there! Hanging up...I was almost afraid to touch it (checked if my fingers were clean)!
I got into my gear and stepped into the dress (yes I lugged my shoes, which weighed a ton! and of course my undergarments and sash), which had a lace-up corset. I couldn't lace myself up of course so I will need one of my bridesmaids or my maid of honour to lace me up on the day! The hem had to be taken in as it was a couple of inches too long and the bust area was too high but otherwise, it was a great fit. Hopefully, during my next fitting, I'll have C's opinion (or maybe even my sister's) on whether it looks alright. Gabriella also kindly did my sash up in a very pretty double bow, which I must also learn to do.
The part where I got blood on my dress - well Gabriella pinned the bust up but she accidentally pinned it sticking up. The pin stuck into my inner arm and before I know it, I had blood on the dress! Luckily it was quickly wiped away with a piece of tissue and cold water.
All in all, I absolutely love my dress. I am quite concerned about transporting it back home and also how it is going to fare after my photo shoot. Oh well! Fingers crossed it'll be fine...
I went for my dress fitting on Saturday, filled with anticipation. After all, prior to this, all I tried on was at least three sizes too large for me! My bridesmaid, C, couldn't make it to the fitting with me but I brought along my Fiancé for good measure.
Gabriella, the lovely lady who attended to me in the Caroline Castigliano branch in Knightsbridge, was of course a little surprised that it was okay for my Fiancé to see the dress. I guess in English tradition, it's bad luck! She offered us champagne (as usual) but we turned it down (as usual). When I got into the fitting room downstairs, my dress was already there! Hanging up...I was almost afraid to touch it (checked if my fingers were clean)!
I got into my gear and stepped into the dress (yes I lugged my shoes, which weighed a ton! and of course my undergarments and sash), which had a lace-up corset. I couldn't lace myself up of course so I will need one of my bridesmaids or my maid of honour to lace me up on the day! The hem had to be taken in as it was a couple of inches too long and the bust area was too high but otherwise, it was a great fit. Hopefully, during my next fitting, I'll have C's opinion (or maybe even my sister's) on whether it looks alright. Gabriella also kindly did my sash up in a very pretty double bow, which I must also learn to do.
The part where I got blood on my dress - well Gabriella pinned the bust up but she accidentally pinned it sticking up. The pin stuck into my inner arm and before I know it, I had blood on the dress! Luckily it was quickly wiped away with a piece of tissue and cold water.
All in all, I absolutely love my dress. I am quite concerned about transporting it back home and also how it is going to fare after my photo shoot. Oh well! Fingers crossed it'll be fine...
No comments:
Post a Comment