
Not so long ago, I woke up one cold Autumn Saturday, filled with an urge to log on to my laptop and search on some social webpages (it was Friendster at the time) for my primary schoolmates, whom I’ve not heard from or seen for the past 15 years. To my pleasant surprise, one of them has been living in London for the past 10 years! He replied to my message and before you know it, we were having coffee somewhere nearby Liverpool Street Station and chatting about old times.
This same friend invited me to a snowboarding trip, convinced that I would love the sport (I have never skied or snowboarded before) and as winter approached, I signed up, excited about the prospect of hitting the slopes and learning a new sport. Sure, I hardly knew anyone from the group (there were slightly less than 20 people) but that didn’t deter me at all.
And so that was the first time I met Him: we were at the Victoria underground station – that was when He started spouting lengthy paragraphs about nutrition to the extent that I thought He was a nutrionist by profession. A great first impression, perhaps not. But the subsequent days, we hung out as friends, got into a few snowball fights (I remember pretending to be hurt only to slam His face full of snow, my one defining moment), played cards and snowboarded. Needless to say, He left a lasting impression on me all the more because He was (a) quieter than most guys I know, (b) very decent (hmmm...little did I know) and (c) different!
And that is how our journey started...and it was all thanks to Cupid a.k.a. my primary school friend(whose picture I've included in the post). Hehe...(he's not wearing his wings in this picture). Cupid, if you're reading this, I just want to say thank you and could you wear your pink wings to the wedding, please???
the cupid has flown back to msia. hahaha.
ReplyDelete