Uhm...where was I, yes the Ring. So, if you've read 'when proposals go right', you will remember that I did not have a chance (ok I had a chance, but I got overexcited) to take a look at the Ring before I said Yes. The lovely, lovely Ring came in a mahogany ring box (which we found out was quite tricky to manoeuvre as illustrated in 'When Proposal Go Right') and it literally took my breath away when I saw it. It is just so....shiny, sparkly and beautiful. I felt like one of those birds that love shiny stuff (but instead of pecking at it, as birds would have done, I stared at it of course). When he took me out for dinner after the Proposal, it was still sunny (don't you just love summer in London?) and when the Ring caught the rays of the sun, well, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite so sparkly.
Here's a picture of the Ring:

After He regaled me of tales of how he chose and subsequently bought the Ring, I felt humbled. The fact that this man took the time and the trouble to find the Perfect Ring for me was thoroughly touching. Who knew a piece of jewellery could hold so many nuances of feeling and emotion? Even now, looking down at the Ring, I smile to myself, remembering the Proposal, remembering his ardent vow, remembering the Moment; I truly believe that this flicker of memory is forever!
Hmmm...hope I didn't overdo the sentimental bit...so HE said that he spent a month going to Hatton Garden, searching high and low for the Perfect Ring, alas, he was met with not-so-helpful jewellery salesmen and not-so-great rings. He turned his attention to what he felt most comfortable with - the Internet! He joined forums online on engagement rings, read extensively about choosing a ring and stumbled upon this website: http://www.whiteflash.com/ Yes, dear reader, my ring was bought over the Internet! As rare as I think this may be (I'm probably the first amongst my friends), it probably happens pretty often? He also had the help of his good friends (two of whom have proposed to their respective lady loves) and my dearest friends...
Anyway, he had to wait for a while before a rock of his specifications came along and when it did, he chose a setting for it and had it delivered to a good friend of mine who was living in Boston at that time. Another good friend of mine who was going to New York for a holiday, met up with the friend in Boston, collected the Ring and promptly flew back to London with it! My friend who was living in Boston actually had the Ring looked at by a gemologist just to make undoubtedly sure it was okay. Eternally grateful to all of you who helped as the Ring is perfect!!
I know some of you might be reading this and thinking "so...how big is the ring, really?" well, does size really matter? When my Pa married my Ma, they did not have the luxury of even a wedding ring. What they had was love, commitment, companionship, two (amazing) daughters and each other. I have Him and that's all that matters!

Ok, I think the Ring is quite big.
No comments:
Post a Comment