Monday, 6 September 2010

I prevented myself from going Bridezilla by...


...hiring a wedding planner. Planning a wedding (especially your own) is a monumental task that can drive any sane woman to flipping wedding magazines every spare moment, dreaming about the One (you know I'm talking about the dress right?) and worrying incessantly about everything that could go wrong with flowers, decorations, invitation lists...well...everything!

Don't get me wrong, I have friends who have planned their own weddings and escaped unscathed. Unlike my friends, I may be a tad impatient, expecting tasks to be completed the moment I actually write it down. I think my Fiance secretly wants to tell me to relax but perhaps he's a little afraid to say it out loud (and risk me going "I AM RELAXED!!!" with veins popping out of my forehead).

Anyway, back to my story - when my soon-to-be parents-in-law heard about the good news, they were absolutely delighted (I am not making this up just to make me sound like a great daughter-in-law, I think!) and my soon-to-be new Mummy insisted that she gets me a Wedding Planner of my own. I was initially going to plan the wedding on my own but her suggestion was a brilliant one considering that I was going to be planning my wedding in Malaysia FROM London, where I currently stay. She had kindly done some research and suggested a wedding planner. I of course, was psyched and promptly remembered that one of my best friends' wife was a part-time wedding planner. Putting two and two together, I smacked my forehead, amazed that I didn't think of it before - why not get my best friend's wife to plan my wedding???

So, long story short, Stella Loh is officially my Wedding Planner! Unofficially, she is one of the loveliest girls you would ever meet. Her calm and patient persona is definite balm for any frazzled bride. Having fallen in love with weddings at quite a young age, she has planned many a wedding including her own; an impressive 20 different weddings, on her own and with a group of friends. Unlike some wedding planners who are in it just for the money, Stella has always loved the excitement of planning mainly because she was brimming with ideas and it was impossible to use all her ideas at one go in only one wedding. I can't imagine a more lovely situation than to have Stella be my Wedding Planner as I'm absolutely sure she would do her best in making sure that the wedding goes ahead smoothly and that I do not morph into Bridezilla. She usually teams up with her very artistic and talented sister, Suzanne who is good at putting Stella's unique ideas onto paper, hence realising Stella's creation.

Anyway, please do contact me if you need her details for a wedding. Please do NOT contact me if you're going to ask her out, duh, she's TAKEN! And to prove a point, here is she happily married to one of my best friends (the dude is one lucky man!). I might, in the near future, get her to let me post some of her work (and her sister's) on this blog so stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment