Sunday, 10 July 2011

A quiet affair...

...celebrating my 3X birthday. Gosh, 3 full decades in this world and what do I know? Very little it seems!!

Mr Right took me out to a really nice dinner at Gordon Ramsay at Claridges, we had the Menu Prestige which is a 6 course meal. I was thinking that we'd be hungry (given that the serving sizes are usually tiny) but we were actually extremely full when we walked out.

Amuse bouche

Seared loin and cured haunch of Muntjac deer, pickled red onion, hazelnuts, foie gras

or

Marinated Loch Duart salmon, Oscietra caviar, razor clams, fennel and lime ice cream

Thai-spiced lobster ravioli, lemon grass,
lime and coconut broth

Cannon of Herdwick lamb, confit belly,
aubergine purée, red pepper and caramelised onion

or

Pan-fried Anglesey bass with crushed Jersey Royals, cucumber,apple and scallop sauce

Basil crème brûlée, lemon grass sorbet

or

French and British cheeses

Cold Valrhona chocolate and macadamia nut fondant, yoghurt sorbet, roasted mango

Food was divine, service was exemplary. But would I go back again? Probably not. It's one of those once-in-a-lifetime things. Thank you for dinner though Mr Right!

No comments:

Post a Comment