...of "you are what you eat"! Of course that doesn't stop be from consuming extremely unhealthy food; everything in moderation right? Anyway, it's a bit more difficult when you're approaching your wedding date as looking good in photos is ever so important and I'm pretty sure not ALL brides who appear to have translucent and clear skin managed that by inhaling chocolate and/or fried foods. They probably got a bit of help from genetics, the talented make-up artists they hired as well as their healthy diets.
Sadly, I am not blessed genetically with good skin. I'm prone to hyper pigmentation and I tend to break out around the chin area during my time of the month. Plus, I've had a bout of itchy red rashes all over my face! These reasons prompted me to try out the Organic Pharmacy Skin Radiance capsules to see if they would help with my skin problems. Apparently Gywneth Paltrow takes the stuff (if you believe what you read in the newspapers) and what's good enough for Gywnnie is good enough for me!
If you're interested, here are the ingredients:
Acai
Gotu Kola
Bilberry
Rose Hip
Zinc
Vitamin C
Goji
Bamboo
MSM
Chitosan
Glucosamine Hydrochloride
Vitamin E
Let's just say when my mother found out I was taking these, she practically dragged me to the store to buy her own supply. I did explain to her that I was the one getting married but I don't suppose vanity lessens with age?? She's been taking the supplements for a couple of months now and claims there has been an amazing change in her skin. I can only take her word for it as I've not seen her since she left in May.
On my own skin the supplements have improved the texture; I find my skin is more even and supple now. In terms of breakouts, I do not find that it has lessened my breakouts nor has it increased them. I'm almost 90% convinced that my breakouts are hormonal and there's hardly anything I can do except try to eat as healthily as possible and hope for the best. Juicing would be a fantastic option but I find I've been quite lazy to juice in the morning before work. I might try juicing three months before the wedding and see if there is a marked improvement (as you can see I'm merely putting it off!).
No comments:
Post a Comment