...despite the fact that many of my good girlfriends have gotten married and of course other more qualified girlfriends have become their bridesmaids. I can only account this fact to the following reasons:
- Of all my girlfriends, I am distinctly the least girlie. In fact, if it wasn't for them, I would most likely still be stuck in my ill-fitting jeans and baggy t-shirts and as one friend has said before "aunty" clothes.
- I don't pay attention to detail for e.g. colour schemes or different types of flowers and their corresponding scents. A rose to me is as complex as a flower gets!
- I suck at origami, flower arrangement or anything to do with my hands unless you count badminton. In fact, I would be the last person they would go to if they had trouble with a button or a hook or a necklace.
- I am a total noob when it comes to wedding stuff. When does the best man give his speech? What do you do if the seating arrangements went missing? Uhhh....I would just wing it!
- I occasionally space out when my girlfriends talk about wedding planning. I nod enthusiastically when in fact, I may have little clue as to what they are talking about. And I think they are on to me.
Anyway, I sent my sister a good number of websites and photos of dresses that I envisioned would look good beside my wedding dress.
I like the contrasting sash but perhaps too similar to my own wedding dress.
I really like this neckline and it's a refreshing change from the usual strapless number.
Very nice!

Interesting sweetheart neckline. Love the colour as well.

In fact, many a time she emphasised how she loved the BIG FLOWER on SJP's one-shoulder dress and can she please please please have that dress?
I was in a little dilemma for a while. Whilst I was back in Malaysia, I didn't have time to confer with my two other bridesmaids. However I knew that they were accommodating and as long as I didn't make them wear elephant poop green, they were happy to go along with a design I chose.
When Stella, my wedding planner brought me to see Paulynn Chan from White and Lacy, who quoted a reasonable sum for the bridesmaid dresses, my mind was set at ease. She assured me that the one shoulder dress would not look out of place beside my strapless wedding dress. Paulynn is very down-to-earth and friendly. She was quick to expand on my ideas and would let me know immediately if she felt a design or colour was not suitable. The main challenge is to get my sister who is in Australia and one of my bridesmaids who is based in London to get their measurements to Paulynn before December.
Paulynn and I settled on this slim A-line design for my two bridesmaids (my sister would get a different design). The sash would be a different colour, perhaps ivory or cream, whilst the base colour would be a darker red - maroon or burgundy.

For my maid-of-honour, the base colour would stay the same but instead of an A-line cocktail dress, Paulynn suggested an empire waist instead. I would then need to source for a ivory or cream flower corsage to be pinned on the shoulder.
So now, my sister is happy and hopefully my two other bridesmaids are too. I can't wait to see the dresses when they are completed!
No comments:
Post a Comment