Thursday, 13 January 2011

I'm not entirely sure...

...how modern married couples manage to keep their homes spotless without help (when I say help, I mean help from a third party - a hired cleaner, a live-in maid, etc). I know I'm struggling, to say the least.

My life has spiralled to a terribly unhealthy cycle during the weekdays - I go to work, I come home, I sleep, I go to work again...the weekends are precious for rest and relaxation as well as catching up with the remnants of my social life. Perhaps this is the case because my current project occupies my working days completely and the travelling for work bit is sapping my energy for anything else. Surely (SURELY!) there is more to life than this and I've just been failing to get the balance right.

But I digress - my weekends are filled with laundry and a bit of cooking, tidying up here and there though it is never enough. By Friday the next week, there's a ton of housework to do again!

Somehow, now that I'm considered "married", I feel a sense of responsibility towards the housekeeping of the home. Previously, I had a rather lackadaisical attitude towards it. If I get around to it, fine, if I don't, too bad. Now, I feel ashamed and guilty!!! Does anyone else share this feeling?

It must have somehow subconsciously ingrained itself in my head, one of the wifely duties I feel I need to undertake. Hmm...perhaps I will get over this tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment