Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Product Review: Baby Jogger City Select #1

Our double stroller arrived today delivered by DPD (on the slim chance that you're a DPD delivery man reading this, you guys have to be the worst delivery guys I've come across! More on this later) and I opened the boxes and assembled the buggy as quickly as I could. Of course initially I put the parts together without the manual (my husband always reads the manual first) but halfway I had to refer to the manual as things got a bit more complicated (plus I didn't want to break anything!).

I'm really excited about using the double stroller tomorrow for the nursery run. Hmm...the things that excite me these days...in case you're wondering which double stroller we got - it's the Baby Jogger City Select. These are the reasons why the City Select won out against the rest (please note that this is before we've started using it):

1. Baby Jogger City Mini
When it was just V1, we bought the City Mini and I love it! It's light, folds with just one movement, extremely maneuverable and is compact enough to get through most of London. The quality is great! It's a sturdy little machine and has a proper hood that shields V1 against sun rays at any angle. It might be bit difficult to push for taller people but for me, the handles are at the perfect height - I practically whizz around as quickly as I would be whizzing without a buggy. So, we've come to associate the brand with great quality, solid build and ease of fold.

2. Tyres
The City Select was one of the only ones with tyres that wouldn't suffer a puncture. Less one thing to worry about.

3. Equal Seating
We liked that the second seat wasn't smaller as I'm sure whoever who ended up there wouldn't want to be squashed. Eventually when V2 graduates to the toddler seat, it'll be exactly the same as V1's.

4. Hand Brake
For some of the double buggies we saw, the brakes were at the bottom, close to the second seat. Rather than faff around with my foot, I liked that I could just pop the brake on the right side of the handle with a flick of my wrist.

5. Storage
Most of the double buggies did not have adequate storage space as the second seat took up most of the space. The City Select has a very generous storage area, handy for me when I go grocery shopping!

Some not so great features that come with the City Select:
1. Lengthy
When used with the carry cot, the buggy becomes very long. When we tested this out in John Lewis (one carry cot and one toddler seat) we decided to forgo the carry cot and use a car seat instead.

2. Big Wheels/Bulky
The wheels do look pretty monstrous and because of that, the City Select folds up pretty bulky compared to other double strollers. We figured as long as I didn't need to fold and unfold this often, it wouldn't be a problem.

3. Harder to Maneuver
I've read some reviews that claim this buggy is hard to maneuver. However, one mum I know personally who loves this buggy claims that it is EASY to maneuver due to its large wheels - this remains to be seen.

Wish me luck for tomorrow! I'll load some photos of the different configurations we will try later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment