Tuesday, 24 January 2012

My red wedding cheongsam is...

...hanging by the wall, wondering when she's going to be worn next! I only wore her once during the Chinese Banquet, but I must say I did like her very much. For those who do know the background story, I was looking for a good seamstress to make my cheongsam and ended up with White and Lacy.
My husband tried unsuccessfully to remove some of the creases a few hours before the Chinese Banquet. So we just hung her and hoped for the best.
The shoes I wore with my cheongsam. Surprisingly not as painful as I expected.
Click here for details on the shoes.

No regrets there! Paulynn is an extremely opinionated (but lovely!) lady who suggested the chilli red silk for my cheongsam, enhanced with gold lace. A lot less sumptuous than other cheongsams I've seen (with crystals) but what can I say, I'm a simple girl. =) Not only did she use top quality material, her workmanship was impeccable AND her price, affordable and practical. If you went to Divine Couture, a simple cheongsam would have costed you RM7,000 (what?!) or beyond! (I remember being quoted RM12,000 for a cheongsam I tried on, don't get me wrong, the cheongsam was amazing but still...)

Here are some close-up photos of the red silk and gold lace.
French? gold lace sewn onto red silk near the train of the cheongsam.
Close to the back of the waist, before the sheer red netting that leads up to the choker, also sewn with lace.
I got a lot of compliments on the night about my cheongsam but of course, I'm sure not everyone is as enamoured with her as I am. My only complaint would be I'm looking slightly chest-fallen (get it? crestfallen but in the chest area?) and it would have been nice to have an inbuilt push-up bra of sorts.
Listening intently to someone's speech.
The back of the cheongsam.
Enjoying a moment during my husband's speech.
All in all, I sincerely hope that I might fit into my cheongsam again when the situation calls for it!

2 comments:

  1. hi, that's a beautiful cheongsam. would u mind telling how much u had it done from white & lacy? am looking to custom made one for my wedding this year too. many thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies Shirze, just saw your message now. It's been awhile since you e-mailed but if you still need the info, drop me a quick e-mail at jesscheng79@gmail.com. Good luck and congrats on your wedding!

      Delete