...during our Garden Wedding were presided over by Pastor Soong, from Cornerstone Baptist Church. It was quite a funny moment during our wedding when Pastor had trouble finding his notes! We rehearsed saying "I Do" previously but it was sometimes difficult to remember when the vows ended and our cue was on. Pastor asked both of us the same question:
V/J, do you solemnly agree before God and all these witnesses to take J/V to be your lawful wedded wife/husband and will you promise to love and respect her/him, honour and cherish her/him, in sickness and in health, in adversity and in prosperity, to be true and loyal to her/him, so long as you both shall live? Do you promise to do that?
 |
| The red, oversized and heavy Cartier ring boxes that carried our wedding rings. |
Needless to say we both answered Yes. The exchange of rings was a bit nerve wrecking as we had to memorise a paragraphy of promises. During the initial two rehearsals, V was great and didn't miss a step. On the actual day, he forgot his lines halfway and had to be prompted! I was the exact opposite, I fouled up during the rehearsals but was alright on the day.
 |
| V sliding the ring on. |
J/V, I give you this ring as a sign of our marriage. All that I am, I give to you. All that I have, I share with you. For better of for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, for the whole of our life together.
 |
| Love this shot! |
 |
| Reenactment. |
Here's hoping that we are constantly reminded of these vows and the ones we wrote for ourselves during our
marriage registration!
No comments:
Post a Comment