My dress was delivered back to me today. It was with great excitement that I opened the large white box marked "Fragile". And there she was, in all her glory, all packed up on ph-neutral paper. I took her out and hung her in her usual spot, right under the lamp.
I'm waiting for Mr. Right to get home so we can stuff her bodice properly (you need two pairs of hands for this job!) and double check that there are no leftover stains.
It's pretty amazing, the train looks COMPLETELY cleaned.
Highly recommend Terrington Burchett. They did a fantastic job!
In preparation of bringing my dress back home, I purchased a plain ph-neutral box to keep her safe during transit. As I'm planning to hand carry her, it had to be something that fit in the 56 X 36 X 23 cm. I managed to find a reasonably priced box, 54 X 35 X 20cm on ebay that fit the bill (and it comes with free acid-free paper to wrap your the dress!). There were others that were handmade, or decorated with ribbons etc. The box has already arrived and seems rather sturdy (made out of corrugated hard cardboard).
So she's all set....wonder how I'm going to steam/press her to remove the creases when I'm back home...hmmm, yet another dilemma to be solved.
No comments:
Post a Comment